Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I wanna be an animator

I like lots of stuff. Doing music, design, 3D and what not but I have not been able to take any one of those to the limits. I have been exploring a lot and trying to do them whenever I have some time. Well, most of the time, I am lazy and just surfing the net.

This desire of becoming an animator came way back probably 6-7 years ago when I started college. I realized that I didn't like engineering as soon as I joined. All the theory stuff and nothing being used. I hardly know anyone using those theories anyway. Most of them just do programming or the network stuff which necessarily doesn't require engineering degree.

So, What have I been doing all this time?

Nothing related to animation of course. But hey, I did do some classes at 3DBuzz. Maya Fundamentals had some animation going. Then I did Modeling which was a nice experience. After that I was stuck at 3D Modeling for some time. Then I am taking the class of Advanced Digital Production at 3DBuzz again but its going very slow and I lost interest in the middle. When you have a lot of gap you don't want to do it again. For some time, I did try out some Houdini effects but there wasn't much resource and then again, due to my computer limitations, I couldn't try much.

And along with that, most of time I am busy working to earn some living.

So, this time I am really geared towards doing a serious animation and I have been trying some freebie tutorials. I am even thinking of subscribing to Keith Lango Video Training Service which gives tips and tricks about character animation. I am also looking at AnimationMentor blogs to get inspired. And a lot more websites / demo reel of professional animators.

Well, that said, I am quite excited to pursue this phase of my life doing something exciting. I can't wait to start doing some animation! I will be posting things that I learn and do.

Later.

No comments: